Thursday, June 25, 2009

Later, King of Pop. RIP



Today was one of the rare days this June that NYC had a sunny one. I went out to happy hour(my specialty) with a friend and talked about life, work, love, friends and family over a Stella. Then a fellow happy hour lad said "Michael Jackson is dead." "I'm sorry. What? Have you been drinking a little too much?" Nope. Farrah Fawcett left us this morning and before the day's end MJ, too. I know this has nothing to do with politics, but hey, they were some part of everyone's life(people my age at least). It's all about Thriller and Smooth Criminal, yo. No denying Michael Jackson was special and a national treasure. Even though I thought he went nuts the last few years, he has accomplished so much and, no doubt, his art has contributed to our culture and our lives in many ways. It's shocking to see him go so young (at age 50), so sudden and so fast. It's still so surreal. His music (and moonwalk) will never die. RIP, Michael. Thoughts to his family, friends and fans.

(picture:istockphoto)

No comments: